Thursday, October 17, 2013

Andrea's Status Update #3

        Last time I checked, our plants were looking healthy and tall. This time they were a bit dried out and some of the leaves were yellow instead of green. But other than that, they still look like they can survive. I have also noticed that they are more beans growing from our plants. The growth and development of our plants has to do with water. Plants take a big role in the water cycle. What plants do is absorb water through their roots to grow. Then transpiration occurs when leaves evaporate water into the air. Our plants also participate in the carbon cycle by creating photosynthesis. Then animals eat the plants and turn it into waste which releases carbon into the air. Another cycle in which our plants take place in is the nitrogen cycle. In the nitrogen cycle, or plants create proteins for them to grow. In conclusion, I hope our plants grow much more because they are a very big importance to the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment